Thursday 7 May 2015

What's The Plan?

withanopenheart.org
 
Hey guys, how are you doing? It feels like it's been forever. I hope you all have been good. I've been sane and insane at different points which brings me to our talk today. You see, I don't know if this applies to everyone but I guess majority of us (workers/ business people and the sort) will feel me on this. Many of us work 9hours a day 5-6 days a week every month of every year, for some of us it gets worse with the MAD TRAFFIC and we barely have time to look up at what's really going on in our lives. You are so consumed with work you have forgotten what the plan was. Take a deep breath and just RELAX for a moment.
 
Here in Nigeria, most people graduate from school hoping to get a good job (whatever that means to you) and that's it. There has been some sort of national hypnosis that de-energizes the part of the brain that makes you think for yourself; the part that makes you want to achieve more, do more and be more. I know our system makes it more difficult to actually "blow" on your own terms but people have done it so why can't we? Yes, they started from somewhere and so should we. I'm not even an advocate of starting from the top cause I believe you will come crashing down in no time if the Lord does not spare you. We should be getting jobs for purposes, laid out purposes I might add. It's very easy to get caught up in the rat race and forget your aim. Consider the following questions you should ask yourself;
  • Why am I taking this job?
  • What do I plan to get out of this job?
  • How long do I plan to stay? 
  • What factors could alter your decisions/reasoning from the above questions?
When you're answering these questions, are you answering for yourself or what society expects of you?
 
We need a plan, we need to closely follow the plan and evaluate and re-evaluate often. We need to know the target and hit it bull's-eye! Otherwise we'll find ourselves old and still struggling for pennies, our kids will come join us in the struggle. Did I hear a God forbid? Please forbid it a million times over but even more, work towards avoiding it. That is so not the life. It's not too late, start from where you are with what you have. You may say you have nothing but you have YOU, you have a brain, you have a talent, a hobby even, you have friends and family perhaps, first make the plan! Easier said than done but again, it is doable. I have been stuck with plans in my head for a time too embarrassingly long to share but I got a wake up call recently and I'm still procrastinating but I have penned down something and that's a step. We can do this. Lets pray, plan and work people!
 
Please let me know how it goes, let's encourage one another, it'll make the journey easier and much more fun. Till next time, lots of love and happiness...
 
 

6 comments:

Emotions

Some of us have learned how dangerous emotions can be, if you let them control you. Emotions could put you to shame but even more dis...