Wednesday 14 February 2018

Let's Talk About Love

Sooo, in the spirit of Valentine’s Day, let’s talk about love. I mean the pure kind, the kind that we should have for one another, not the epileptic kind which seems to have polluted the world today.
I always say, love is hard work! Don’t get me wrong, love is sweet, amazing and the best gift ever. 

However, when love is tested, it feels like a huge rock placed on your chest, or is that only me? No? Anyone? I know I have partners in this feeling. Now, love is not the enemy here, as people like to bitterly and I must admit poetically write about. Love in itself is amazing but the instruments of love; you and I, are humans bound to make mistakes in life and sometimes these mistakes cause pain to our loved ones. Many times, we really do not mean to but alas, it happens. 

I’m not about to go through the painful details of what we do with love or shall I say the consequences of love. I’m only here as a reality check for us all, to remind us of the ups and downs of human relationships and to reassure us that Love is eternal and Love has got us and I’ll summarize them with a few of my favorite love quotes below: 

Love is kind
Love is patient
Love is sure
Love is pure
Love is all there is
Love is eternal
Love forgives
Love gives good gifts
Love holds no grudges
Love does not envy
Love gives second chances (every time)
Love is selfless
Love is the greatest

So the next time a loved one upsets you, be sure to remember that the heart behind that offense never meant to hurt you and let that help douse your anger because Love forgives and you shouldn’t let a stupid thing like anger make you lose an earthly angel.

Hey, I’m not saying go out and be a fool by staying in a relationship (whichever kind; friends, family, lovers) where you’re continuously being mistreated. I’m sure we can tell when someone truly loves us and for the some who are damaged but still love us, in order not to drown with them, love this kind from afar. 

PS: Spread some love to those who have forgotten what it feels like to be loved. Be an angel to someone who least expects it and of course please share your thoughts and I'll really like to read your favorite love quotes too. Please drop some love at the comment section.

Love and light always…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Emotions

Some of us have learned how dangerous emotions can be, if you let them control you. Emotions could put you to shame but even more dis...