Thursday 27 November 2014

It's Thanksgiving Again! What Are You Thankful For?

http://theavtimes.com/

Happy thanksgiving everyone! How are you doing? It's thanksgiving season again and I believe you have many reasons to be thankful. I know I do and that's why I'm here today; to share some of the reasons why I'm thankful. It's very usual to hear people say they don't have reasons to be thankful and I must say that this is very sad. First, because it is untrue and also because your negative attitude or your ingratitude hinders you from receiving more blessings. If you can't see and appreciate what you have right now, what use would it be to give you more? Always be grateful people, no matter what you're going through the fact remains that there are people who have it better and those who have it worse than you do. I'm not here to preach today, I'm here to count some of my blessings with you, so please, follow me :).
My Thanksgiving List (in no particular order)
  1. I'm thankful for life. This year has been .... how do I put it? I crossed into the year with a full load of expectations, great positive attitude and serious faith. I wasn't sure how my many plans were to work out but I just believed they would somehow. Things didn't flow as I expected but today I'm glad because I can honestly say I have learned some things I needed to learn on my own through experience. I learned patience. I'm not a very patient person and I'm still working on that and I think God needed to teach me the hard way because I can be a spoiled child sometimes. I lost 3 cousins early this year, another one around the end of the first quarter I think but I'm still here and I can't thank God enough.
  2. I'm thankful for my family. I don't think I could have survived this year without my family. They are amazing and I'm not just saying this. They've been my support - emotionally, physically, FINANCIALLY and even spiritually. They are my earthly rock. Yes, sometimes we get upset at one another but the good thing is that we are MANY, lol. Yes, my dad will be so happy I added that. It's the truth though, if this sibling is annoying you, you just pick another one to cool off. We're all cool like that, lol. Earlier this year, two of my siblings were diagnosed with illnesses that  required surgery. One actually underwent a surgery and was told would need another after a few months as the symptoms reappeared. We were all worried and I got scared and I was upset at the whole situation but God, our loving and merciful father saved us. He healed them both in His divine and awesome ways and you say I shouldn't say THANK YOU LORD? For this alone, I am going to kill it on the dance floor on Sunday, giving my God an all body dance offering. 
  3. I'm thankful for provision. I thought that this was my "brokest" year since I started handling money on my own but when we were asked to try calculate how much money has passed through our fingers this year, I had a rethink and I realized I can't complain. In all of my "brokeness", I have never really lacked, I have been able to get whatever I needed and I've even been able to bless others financially and that makes me happy. I have new clothes, shoes, bag just this year, I truly have no right to complain when I think about it. 
  4. I'm thankful for favor. Two of my siblings got admissions into schools of their choices this year, another sibling got a new job and another just graduated, my niece also graduated this year - see, I can't say thank you enough to my God who has blessed us so much. I've gotten favor in my businesses this year more than ever, I believe. I went for an impromptu  interview and also got an offer for the job. I'm just thankful that in all my dealings/affairs, God has made His presence felt in a mighty way.
  5. I'm thankful for protection. This year, there were a few bomb blasts close to home. One of my friends was caught up in one of them and couldn't walk for a while but I'm glad to say that she is well and walking today. Everyday we go out and come back safely. I just heard about a former school mate who had an accident with her husband and child earlier this year but are all alive. I'm just thankful to God for His protection. 
  6. I'm thankful for my friends. I'm thankful for my friends past and present because they have added or taught something to me. I consider some of my friends as family because of how amazing they are. They are amazing. They keep me going, they grant me the escape I need from my actual family sometimes (no offense my loving and lovely family). They are true, real, non judgmental, trustworthy, they are strong shoulders to lean on. I just love them all so so much and I'm blessed with really good friends, I try to reciprocate as much as I can but I know I'm truly blessed. 
  7. I'm thankful for peace, love and joy. Look, peace is like the most important thing I need in my life and I'm blessed to have that. I don't like trouble in my life oh, if you know me well, you'll know I'm a princess *grins* , a sweet princess at that and so I need peace in my life and I'm glad I've got that. I'm thankful for peace and love in the homes of my siblings including my soul sister who got married this year. People close to me went through traumatic experiences this year, I'm thankful that everyone is in a better place now. I'm thankful that we can sit and laugh and cry and be happy. I'm thankful for all the love around, what's life without love?
  8. I'm thankful for my church. I'm thankful for the wonderful people in my church who have helped me grow spiritually. They are not the "holier than thou" kind, they are not the " you're a sinner so get thee behind me" kind. They are humans who understand the struggles of fellow humans, they support you, help you , stand by you and knock your  head when you want to give up. I couldn't have asked for a better group to fellowship with.
  9. I'm thankful for this blog. I can rant for Africa! I'm glad to have an outlet for this and also to have you guys read through my rant. I've always been one to write down my thoughts and I am happy to be sharing them with you.
  10. I'm thankful for salvation. I'm thankful for being saved by God and the assurance of making heaven someday. I thank God for His mercies and grace over my life. I have a feel of both sides and I'm happy that I'm on the path of light.
I just shared my top ten thanksgiving list with you. I'm sure you have many reasons to share yourself. Please feel free to drop a few at the comment section. Happy thanksgiving y'all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Emotions

Some of us have learned how dangerous emotions can be, if you let them control you. Emotions could put you to shame but even more dis...