Tuesday 2 December 2014

Mushroom and Beef Stir Fry


Hello guys, happy new month. How are you all doing? I hope you all had an amazing thanksgiving. I did! I danced my heart out, it was exhilarating. Did you cook something new and special? If you didn't, it's never too late to try something new and because I'm such a darling *grin*, I am here to share with you, a healthy and mouthwatering recipe from our food blog.



This sauce is healthy, easy to make and delicious. I used coconut oil in mine, but feel free to use whichever vegetable oil you have available. I used water leaves because that was the only vegetable I had available then, and it turned out well.This sauce made a great accompaniment to the wild rice I had recently (the kids ate it more than they did the rice).
 
I recommend this sauce to everyone. 

Ingredients
Canned button mushrooms
200g cooked beef
2 medium tatashe
2 fresh pepper
1 big onion
4 tbs coconut oil
1/2 tsp curry
1 spring onion
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 stock cube
2 medium tomatoes
A handful of cut water leaves
Salt to taste

Method
Cut your peppers, onion, spring onions, tomatoes and tatashe, set aside.

Cut the beef and mushroom and set aside.

Put the oil in a dry pan and place on fire. When the oil gets hot, put in the cut onions, spring onions, pepper, tatashe, tomatoes and garlic. Allow to fry for about 2 minutes. Add curry powder and stock cube.

Add the cut beef and mushrooms, stir properly. Add salt to taste. Cover and allow to cook for about two more minutes. Add the water leaves and stir.Cook for a few more minutes.

 Remove from heat and serve.

I can almost taste how delicious it is from here.I'm always up for meat and mushroom so this is definitely a win for me. That's it folks! Try it out and let us know how it goes okay. 

4 comments:

  1. Steph, advice on what to eat with pwease!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I will combine this with some really nice rice maybe Basmatti even, boiled or fried plantain or even cous cous. My dear, it's food, do whatever works for you :)

      Delete

Emotions

Some of us have learned how dangerous emotions can be, if you let them control you. Emotions could put you to shame but even more dis...