Monday 3 March 2014

Public Marriage Proposals

picture from http://www.proposal-ideas.com/

Hey guys, what's up? 

Let's have a little lovey lovey talk, okay? What do you think about public marriage proposals? I can feel the girls blushing with thoughts of their very own and I can see the guys sweating, trying to be creative and wondering if they should go there. It's sweet right? I know, but guess what? I hate it! Seriously, I do. I don't hate it for people. I truly love it for people, I love the whole creativity that goes into it. I love to see the smile, tears of joy on the faces of the proposed. I love the sweet words he says as it most times radiates deep love. Again, I love it for the couple who are happy after all is said and done. 


But, I personally hate it. Why? By the way, this is a shout out to my future hubby not to try such stunts please ehn. Ok so back to business; I hate it because it comes with a lot of expectations. The guy goes through a lot of trouble in the name of love and gathers friends and family to witness the amazing event. He's almost certain she'll say Yes, but who knows right? So there's that rising of blood pressure and then the girl is meant to be blown away and show it too. Like I said, I personally hate it, because, I don't know how to be blown away, I don't know how to act surprised, even when I am and I don't know how to show the kind of joy that may be expected. I may feel it, but my face or body may fail me and I wouldn't want to hurt him, you know. 

Why do I hate it again? I'm afraid for the guys. You know some people can just be clueless. A girl may be seeing you and thinking; okay, he's a good guy so far, let me keep seeing him and know him better and we'll see how it goes but the guy has gone baby. He has seen his future wife oh and na you sabi if you don't feel the same way. Get this, you guys have never talked about anything marriage, the relationship is that fresh and then this guy does the whole public stunt thing. Are you meant to say no and embarrass him and yourself in front of the people gathered or say yes for publicity sake and arrange him later. I'd rather not have any of these scenarios abeg. You ma think about it small now. 

Enough of the hate. Like I said I love it for the couples they are meant for. Dude should just know his babe well before doing all the hard work. I love to watch all the creativity guys put together to ask a woman to be their partner for life. It's sweet and nerve racking. It says a lot going through all the trouble, really. 

Ladies, would you like a public proposal and guys would you like to surprise your woman with a public proposal? Share some of your ideas, make some people steal small small from everywhere take arrange their own, lol. Drop em in the comment box, huns. 

2 comments:

  1. Haha, okay this is a nice lil article right here. Super!
    Um, I guess I'm chuffed about the article because, like you, I'm kinda apprehensive about public proposals. I'm not a fan of surprises, not to talk of when the 'surprise' is meant to be arranged by me! Nna meehhhn! Too much hardwork biko! Lool. Just kidding. (Not really).
    Anyways, I guess it'll have to depend on the girl I'm doing the whole stunt for. Since she's presumably gonna be my wife, that means we've dated for a while and thus, I can safely gauge her likes and dislikes. So, if the whole public proposal thing is something that would really really make her happy and all that, then I probably wouldn't mind being a lil creative and doing something along those lines for her, even if I'd do it begrudgingly. Afterall, it's just a once in a lifetime thing, yeah?
    Having said that, omo nothing pass court marriage o jare! Infact, a private 'court' proposal should even suffice! Hehehe. Just kidding. (Maybe I'm not!) .. Future wife, na joke o abeg o
    Once again, nice article Steph. And funny too. I like your style of writing. Colour me impressed! And your blog is sweet, too. Big ups hun.
    PS: I'm sorry about my long winding comment. I dunno, that's how I am whenever I pick up a pen (or type on keypad) to write. It seems I just can't keep things short! I'm even tired of myself sef. Lol. So sorry about that, okay! *big smile*

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's serious hard work oh. Lmao, advice: don't try that private court thing oh, Lol. Like you said, you must just know your babe well enough and then do the needful. I hope she likes surprises, *evil grin*, goodluck. Thanks thanks plenty and I'm like you sometimes with the long commenting,I try to watch it so people won't tire of me but I personally like to read them, so please feel free to express thyself fully here. Thanks a lot for stopping by, much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete

Emotions

Some of us have learned how dangerous emotions can be, if you let them control you. Emotions could put you to shame but even more dis...