Thursday 27 February 2014

What's Your Status?

picture from thechefkatrina.com


Hi everyone! 

Remember how you started the year? You should jo, it's not so far away, though if you don't remember, don't fret it, I can relate. However, let's try and remember sha. I don't do the whole new year resolution thing simply because I don't trust me enough, but I usually do enter each year(this I noticed very recently~say three years now) with a highly positive spirit. I enter feeling like the world is my oyster, you know, and somehow life just has to be better than the previous year. Usually I pray for different areas of my life and just ask God to take control. Truth is, most times I forget all I've even asked for. Are they not important? Of course they are, I think it is my fear of not receiving these things or my fear of not doing my part in working towards getting my request that makes my brain lazily shut down those memories. I know if I really sit to think, I'll know all I asked and wished the year would be. This year, however, was different.

This year, I knew almost exactly what I wanted, you are one of them :). I wrote down my prayer and I actually made a daily schedule~big deal/big step for me. Now, did I follow the daily schedule? Not religiously, but, I sure know I have improved from the me I used to know. I know it's still early in the year but usually for me, it doesn't take long at all to go back to my familiar ways. This year, it has truly been different and deliberately too. I kind of set myself up by telling my family what I was up to, so even when I'm slipping, from time to time, someone will just ask me, "hey, howfar with this and that". They keep me on my toes, kind of annoying honestly, but it's out of love and it's for my good. 


Now, what made me stop and think of this again? Yeah, it was church; leadership training to be precise. We had a session with a business trainer, quite refreshing I must say. One of the reasons I love my church :D, they try to build you up in all areas of life. Anyhooo, so, she talked about knowing your financial freedom number which is the amount you have set for yourself to achieve and think yes, I can relax now ( not relax and just spend it all oh, I mean when the money starts working for you in form of investments and all that and you just take a chill pill and live like a bawse!), then she talked about your plan to achieve this, how many sources of income you need and how well you work in the number you stated and all of that. Anyway, at the top of one slide was written "What's your financial status?", then she further explained, saying, using your financial freedom number, on a scale of 1-10, where would you say you're at? This got me thinking and a little depressed even, in my head I was like what's my everything status? I thought about my daily schedule which I had abandoned for weeks now and I felt bad. I knew I had to wake up and that I'm determined to do. 

I have a feeling that I'm not the only one in need of regular self evaluation. I wrote this for us all, to check where we're at in our life goals. How far have we gone, are we still working towards achieving the dream life? It could be as simple as calling family every week, saving a certain amount of money every month, reading a book every quarter, anything. Let's not lose course, ok. Let's do this together! Lots of love. You know the drill; let's hear you by reading you in the comment box. What's your status? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Emotions

Some of us have learned how dangerous emotions can be, if you let them control you. Emotions could put you to shame but even more dis...