Tuesday 4 March 2014

Guys That Cook

picture from http://dangerouslee.files.wordpress.com/

Hello world!

Hello ladies :). How many of you would like to date/marry a guy that cooks? 
Hello guys :). How many of you can cook and will cook for your girlfriend/wife? I don't mean always oh. 

I know many ladies say they don't want a guy that cooks cause they usually complain about the lady's cooking having too much this or too less that. I also know many ladies love the idea of their guy bringing breakfast in bed and home cooked dinners and all of that. Where do you belong?


My sister (family friend who is like a sister, actually), once broke up with this guy she was dating and I asked her why and one of her reasons was this; "Imagine, he can't even cook, I mean, how did he grow up". I know what you're thinking, I laughed my ass out when she told me this. She is an only girl with 4 brothers who can all cook and so she feels it's the norm for guys to cook; basic lessons from growing up, like learning how to sweep, wash the car and all of that. She has no idea that in some homes, the girls alone do the cooking and guys do other things or nothing. I tried to educate her on this, though I'm not sure it stuck.


Me oh, I belong to the group with the breakfast in bed treats. :D, I know right. I mean, seriously, who wouldn't want that from time to time. It's a really sweet gesture that saves you time and energy. Also, you know that the kids are in good hands when you're stuck at work or in the hospital giving birth to baby no sth. I can actually go all the way to teach him how to cook, it's fun (sometimes frustrating though). It's an easy enough activity for you guys to do. Couples keep complaining about spending time together, why not spend time together while actually achieving something. Cook and eat together, it's a win win the way I see it. 

I can understand how some may find it very annoying to have a guy point out each and every flaw in a cooked meal. I mean, it is naturally infuriating to have someone point out your flaws all the time, but who does that, really? There's a way to correct someone and I believe the one you're with should have a nice way to tell you where you did wrong and if he's correcting you all the time then it's either he's a jackass who just doesn't see anything good in anything or you really need help. Check well sha. In any case, I don't think it's only guys that can cook that know when something is wrong with a meal, everyone eats and somehow you just know when something is not right. They may not know what exactly is missing or what is in excess but they most likely will know something is wrong. 

I know there are still some out there who don't believe a man should even enter kitchen. I can't even start with this one. To each his own na, abi?

What do you guys think? Where do you belong? Over to you, drop em below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Emotions

Some of us have learned how dangerous emotions can be, if you let them control you. Emotions could put you to shame but even more dis...