Friday 16 March 2018

Life in shades of grey...


Hi everyone. How is your end of the world? There has been so much negativity on the news lately and I've just been thinking how much more we all need to be accepting of people and our differences.
In the past, I've wondered if it's okay that I like the things I like and care about people the way I do and don't care about certain things the way people do.
I've wondered if not agreeing with the things the world, society, church, school, family and friends have set as rules makes me unfit to be "one of them" but then I have never really been able to find any group worthy enough to make me squeeze so much to make a perfect fit in their "sacred worlds". Don't get me wrong, I love peace beyond anything in this world and I am a team player, never the one to go out of my way to rebel but I'm also not one to accept everything I'm served. I work and walk with my heart, my faith and my mind and I ask a lot of questions, it could get annoying. Anyway, what I'm trying to say is, I basically do what works for me, what I'm convinced within to be right (of course sometimes I do wrong), as I try to let others do what works for them.



The world is filled with hypocrites and bitterness, jealousy and fakeness, unrealistic standards unreachable by the same ones who set them. I really cannot try so hard to be what I'm not for those who are yet to figure out who they really are and what they really want. We see people mask their insecurities in various ways, people with fake hate, attacking those freely living their lives in ways they wished they could. The truth is, we are all dished a variety of meals, it's left to us to choose what to taste and what to stick to, as long as we don't harm anyone.

We all believe certain things and act in certain ways. Why we believe what we believe and do what we do is usually as a result of what we've tried/tested, what we've seen, what we've been told or a combination of all of these things. In summary, we are the way we are because of the things we've let in to our minds consciously/unconsciously. It is important to note that what we are exposed to is sort of limited to where we were born, where we are, how much we travel, where we work, how much we read and all of that. Hence it is quite plausible that given a change in any of the above factors, we would believe different things and hate different things other than what we do now. It is for this reason I cannot understand why or how we can develop hatred for people who don't agree with what we believe in or those who look different from us.

I hope we all find the courage to discover ourselves for us and not base our decisions on what the parents would approve of or what society defines as right and wrong. As much as we may wish, life isn't black and white. It'll never be. There are many shades of grey; beautiful, thrilling and dangerous. They are all in there and sometimes we just have to tread these paths to really know what is right and what is wrong for us. Sometimes we need to go insane to find ourselves again. Many times we need to unlearn so many things to start to learn all that we need to journey this life. We would make mistakes and hopefully learn from them. We will be more understanding towards and tolerant of those who are not like us because we will start to see the world beyond what we were born into and what we were fed by society. We will be more open to learning, loving and accepting one another as we should. We would finally realize that it is okay, really okay, to not agree on everything yet still live in love and harmony.

Please drop your thoughts in the comment section. Always and forever, love and light. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Emotions

Some of us have learned how dangerous emotions can be, if you let them control you. Emotions could put you to shame but even more dis...