Sunday 1 April 2018

My Love Story


Happy Easter! How is everyone doing? Trust you're making good use of the long weekend. I was thinking about this undeserving love of mine that I (so) comfortably swim in and I thought I should share my truest and most potent love story with you guys.  


You guessed right, it's the love of God. I know how we say this so often that it becomes like the national anthem, we know the words but don't think about what they mean and that's why I'm here to remind us this Easter about God's love for us. Oh and by the way, my traditional name; Hyelhira, means "God loves me" and thankfully I know this to be true. 

God loved and loves us so much it's incredible, considering how undeserving we are of this great love. A love great enough to sacrifice himself in human form, to feel the pain of humans even more than we would ever feel, to feel shame more than we could ever bear. What king does that really? And by choice. All for love!
We could never repay this love, we could never earn it either, but we could try to live grateful lives. We could choose to deliberately love ourselves as God loves us, seeing us esteemed and precious enough to go through all that suffering for. We could love others, even the really annoying ones, even the ones who make it so hard to love them, because He loves them too and in some ways we've been so hard to love too. We could spread the news of God's transforming love, through our words and our actions. Let people see God's love in us and let Jesus smile at us, thinking he'd do it all over again if he had to. 

May we all detoxify our hearts and (very stubborn) minds. May me flush out bitterness, hatred, selfishness, unforgiveness and all forms of negativity and thereon welcome God's love, so pure and light, God's transforming love so radiant and refreshing that we may spread peace, love and light everywhere we go. 

Easter is my greatest love story and no, it's not about bunnies or their eggs it's about this God that I serve who loves me and shows me everyday that I am His Precious one. 
It's Easter and this is your friendly reminder that Jesus died for you and he loves you.  Happy Easter guys! 
Love and light always ❤️. Have an amazing celebration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Emotions

Some of us have learned how dangerous emotions can be, if you let them control you. Emotions could put you to shame but even more dis...