Wednesday 4 January 2017

Happy 2017 folks!



Happy 2017 my darlings! May you be truly blessed with happiness that lasts all year round and beyond! How are your vibes for the year, feeling anything yet? Many as always have been super excited that the year 2016 is over, I mean so many people complained about how tough the year was. I agree it was tough but I must confess it was better (not financially) than my 2015, so that's progress I'm thankful for. As those are hopeful, some are just waiting to see what the year brings and others are simply going on with life as always, you know the "last year and this year is just a day apart so it's just another week, just another year, no big deal" group of people. I'm curious, where do you belong?For me, I'm a mix of all three I guess but it is a big deal, seeing every new day IS a big deal I'll daily be grateful for.


It's the fourth day of the year and I'm guessing some people have already broken their resolutions. Lol, why bother, really? Oh well, it's good to set goals and it's good to try but be realistic, know yourself and do what you can. Resolutions usually aim at dropping or picking a habit which are both quite difficult things to achieve and it may take well over a year to do that but keep trying and when you fall, deal with it and get right back up. 

I have a few things I'm adding to my daily living, I'd share two  - I'm trying to consciously better my personal relationship with God which is my number one priority really and secondly, I want to be a more grateful person generally and I picked up something from the internet today - "The Gratitude Jar". This is how it works, you get a jar and everyday you write something you're thankful for and throw it into the jar. That way, you get to sort of "Count Your Blessings" from time to time. You see, humans have this terrible attitude of complaining about almost any and everything, particularly people from my end of the world. Pleasantries tend to end with discussions that feel like a competition to see whose life sucks the most. I am guilty of this too, I think it unconsciously rubs off on you and I hate that so I'm going to join in on the "Gratitude Jar" thing. It's going to be like my diary but only of thanks, no whining. Of course, I will still whine to my human diaries (plural because different sectors are handled by different humans; I could be unnecessarily complex like that) from time to time, hopefully much less though.

Anyway, regardless of what your country, your job, your business etc. dish out this year, please take good care of yourself and don't just survive the year, live. Try and fail and try again. I'm scared to my guts as I say this because I know me but let's really try and move forward and be better in as many areas of our lives as possible, let's improve and let there be measurable difference even if just a little bit. Check this for a guide on making your plans for the year.

With love, hugs and kisses, I wish you the very best this year and beyond. I await your success stories.

2 comments:

  1. Well hello there!!! (Can you tell I'm excited as I type this???)
    I am very hyped about 2017. I'm expecting good things; my energy is high and I can just feel 2017 being great.
    I'm one of those who had a shitty 2016 and it was worse because I didn't feel the energy from the start and every time I was beaten, I just stayed on the ground and took more blows. I had nothing but God and He picked me up and carried me through. That I made it till now is testament that I truly can do all things through Christ.
    I believe in perspective and positive thinking, and as I've started this year expecting greatness, it has been so thus far.
    I'm with the Gratitude Jar and I'm thankful I have something to help count my blessings! Lol. You see the link there??
    Happy New Year to you and cheers to goodness and greatness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, I can feel it and I'm super glad. 2016 I guess was a year of learning for many. We remain grateful for it and grateful that it's over. Keep the energy up and I'm thankful you're also doing the gratitude challenge, I see the link, see mine? Lol. Goodness and Greatness be ours. Have a blissful year. Thanks for stopping by. I really do appreciate it.

      Delete

Emotions

Some of us have learned how dangerous emotions can be, if you let them control you. Emotions could put you to shame but even more dis...