Saturday 7 February 2015

Beetroot and Carrot Juice


Hey guys, how is your weekend going? Mine has been.... can't find the right adjective but I'm good. It's been a while I shared any health and food information with you and so I figured I could do a double on one post and if time permits, I'll give another for the food section today. Yeah, so this post is actually from our food blog but I'd like to categorize it under our health section simply because I think food is delicious and I don't think this recipe is *straight face*, okay kidding, well not really but more because this recipe's health benefits are amazing! To think that we have all these natural herbs around us and still go spend huge amounts of money in the hospitals every now and then is kind of sad. Oh well, our doctors have to survive too, right? Okay, before I start over ranting as always, I present to you, Beetroot and Carrot Juice.


Beetroot and carrots are known for their many health benefits. The first time I heard they could be combined to make a juice was years ago in one of the antenatal classes I attended. The nutritionist was giving us alternatives to soda and other sugary drinks. I didn't pay much attention then until I watched a TV show where beetroot's cancer fighting properties were being discussed, it was quite enlightening. I started getting more curious and learning more about beetroot's health benefits.
Today being World Cancer Day, I thought it appropriate to share this highly beneficial drink. Remember, you are what you eat. We can reduce our risk of cancer by eating right.

The natural sweetness of the carrots makes this juice slightly sweet. It is a refreshing tonic which cleanses the system.
Ingredients
2 medium sized beetroots
8 medium sized carrots
750ml water
This made 2 glasses.
Method
Scrape and wash the beetroot and carrots. Cut them up and place in a blender.

Pour in water and blend until smooth, strain with a fine sieve.

Serve and enjoy like that or refrigerate before drinking.

TIPS

  1.  My kids didn't like the above juice, they said it smelled funny. In order to get them to take some, I added cucumber to my next blend, added some vanilla flavour and sweetened it with a little honey. It made a big difference because that got them drinking!



  1. When the first juice is extracted, more water can still be added and more juice extracted from the pulp ( it will not not be as concentrated as the first though). 

Okay guys, what do you think? Sounds like a recipe you'd love to try? I think the honey and cucumber will help though. Please try it out and let's hear your verdict, okay?  Lots of love, now and always....

2 comments:

  1. we are what we eat really, so lets stay healthy. I tried it and it was quite good. please keep bringing new healthy things we can try. thanks Hira

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yaay, I'm glad you tried it and even liked it. I'll try to keep them coming. Let's all live long, healthy, happy and prosper! Thanks a lot for stopping by, you're well appreciated.

      Delete

Emotions

Some of us have learned how dangerous emotions can be, if you let them control you. Emotions could put you to shame but even more dis...