Sunday 21 September 2014

Chocolate Cupcakes


Hello guys, how are you doing? This post is way overdue, I know. I am so sorry, I was busy with life. Five of my nephews are around for the summer holiday and it has been everything; funny, stressful, enlightening, annoying, entertaining, interesting and really fun. I'm practicing for motherhood I guess, lol. Okay, so today I want to share a delicious recipe with you all. Some of you already know I'm a cake baker while this is news to others. Anyway, if this is news, now you know so contact and contract me for all your cake needs (cupcakes, full cakes, wedding cakes--- different flavors) here in Abuja :). 
My favorite everything flavor is chocolate so you can imagine how much I'd love a rich chocolate cake, and guess what, there are many recipes all so delicious! Today, from our food blog, I'll be sharing one of the delicious chocolate cake recipes and to make it cute, they are Cupcakes topped with whipped cream and M&M! 



When I realised the holiday will soon be over and I had not made a cake for my nephew who came to spend some time with us, I decided to do something about it. I mean, it won't be fair for him to spend about six weeks with me and not have a cake to brag about when he goes back home. I decided to make Chocolate cupcakes topped with whipped cream and M & M's. With the way he enjoyed the cupcakes I have a feeling he is going to include it in his essay on how he spent his holiday.


This recipe is one that even people who are new to cake making can follow and produce moist, delicious cupcakes. 

This yields 20 cupcakes

Ingredients
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 cups flour
3 eggs
1/2 cup melted margarine
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 tsps vanilla oil
1/2 cup milk
3/4 cup boiling water
1/2 tsp salt

Method

Preheat oven to 170 degrees C

Sift together cocoa, flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add sugar and whisk thoroughly, set aside.

In a mixing bowl, combine eggs, milk, margarine and vanilla. Mix on medium speed for 2 minutes. Add the dry ingredients to the went ones and mix until properly incorporated. Add the hot water and mix properly.
Pour into the cupcake trays lined with cupcake papers.

Bake for about 15 to 17 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Once a toothpick comes out clean, remove them from the oven immediately. Allow to cool completely. 

Top with whipped cream and M & M's. 


Ok guys, you've seen how easy it is to make, please try it out and let us know how it turns out. A great weekend snack to share with family and friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Emotions

Some of us have learned how dangerous emotions can be, if you let them control you. Emotions could put you to shame but even more dis...