Monday 4 August 2014

Staying Healthy

picture from http://icirnigeria.org/

Hey guys, how are we doing? I hope we're all good and well. Due to recent circumstances occurring around the world-Ebola, and around me personally, I have decided to begin sharing health tips and remedies. I am not starting today oh, this is just a notice. For today, let's gist about the Ebola virus and the recent actions fear has caused many to take.


Personally, I'm almost tired of the whole Ebola talk, the broadcasts and links repeatedly flooding in gets really tiring. You wonder why I'm talking about it then right? My dear, just accept it in good faith. As tired as I am, I can't deny the fact that most of the information I've gotten from these broadcasts are useful and educative. Let's review some of the useful information:
1. Ebola is not airborne! Transmission is via contact with body fluids of an infected person.
2.It has a 90% death rate and can kill victims within a week-hard stuff right? I know.
3.There is no set cure/treatment but some say bitter kola works, I would say, no harm trying. Bitter kola has already been known to be a cure or treatment for many ailments, even the common flu-I have witnesses for this one.
4.Symptoms include headache, diarrhea, vomiting, headache,stomach ache, lack of appetite, general weakness- the moment the virus gets deadly, bloody rashes( more like killer rash)  appear all over the body-they say, at this point, only God can save that patient. the virus takes 2-21 days to manifest symptoms and patients aren't contagious till they manifest symptoms.
5. To protect ourselves, we are advised to maintain good hygiene-washing our hands regularly with soap/hand wash, disinfect and fumigate our surrounding to prevent pests and rodents ( they say fruit bats, and some other rodents can transmit the virus), avoid touching carcasses- those in the medical field take note , and avoid eating bush meat in fact meat whose source you're uncertain of generally. Finally, don't forget to keep educating yourself and educating others too ( just like I'm doing :D).

My favorite part in all of this (I don't mean it like that, I know the whole thing sucks) is, the fear of shaking and hugging people this news has caused. From this information, we can tell that shaking someone who doesn't show any symptom  ( even though he/she may be infected) would not transmit the disease to us. However, I have to confess that I was glad to use this as an excuse to avoid the whole "Greet your neighbor" in church routine. I totally hate that part of service, and no, I am not a snub-most times, it's just that people have terrible and really gross habits. You're sitting with this person who keeps digging his nose or scratching down there or something and then they say greet your neighbor or show the sign of peace, that thing grosses me out big time, I usually want to be like-bros, what's up with a wave you know but I'm just too nice (straight face). I always have my hand sanitizer, but it is still gross and I also feel bad having to do that after shaking someone like he/she is some plague, it's just not nice or doesn't look nice, but how will man pikin do now ehn? Anyway, my church didn't fear oh, so I got stuck with greeting the neighbor and the Lord will bless us for this-Amen. Did you guys hear about Jim Iyke  that fled Liberia due to fear of the virus? Have you seen the funny photos with the #fear of Ebola tag? Trust Nigerians to be hilarious in whatever situation-that 's why we live long and happy regardless of the madness around us.

My people just stay safe as much as possible. You should probably get a hand sanitizer too in places where washing your hands is not really convenient or possible at all. Most of all, pray, it is God who keeps us all. Love you still and see you at the other side~what additional information would you like to add or funny stories you heard? You know the drill... Share with us at the comment section below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Emotions

Some of us have learned how dangerous emotions can be, if you let them control you. Emotions could put you to shame but even more dis...