Thursday 22 May 2014

Greetings Me Darlings...


Picture from jucoolimages.com

Greetings darlings. I know, I know, I sort of went back on my words concerning my commitment to you and to this space. I'm very sorry, I can't even say how much. Not to make up excuses or anything but I was sort of all over the place, mentally, physically, emotionally... and on and on the list goes. I can't promise that I'm back fully but let's just say, I'm back!


How have you guys been? What's new? 
A quick recap on what has been on with me and my world, let's see... my friend and sister got married, yaay! It was amazing. As personal persons, we traveled over a few days to the wedding and it was just fun fun all the way. It was like we went back to school days. Our first night, we didn't sleep till like 4am  cause we were talking about any and everything and we had to be up early to continue the preparations oh. Anyway, it was all worth it. The whole period was wonderful, we laughed, we cried. In all we were happy. My sister is in good hands and I can't thank God enough for that.


A day after our return, something unfortunate happened. There was a bomb blast in Abuja and our friend was affected( we all came back the day before from the wedding trip). It was awful how we switched from all smiles to fear and tears. Thankfully, God was faithful as always, she was alive and way better than many others affected. Still thanking God for this.

I had another wedding where I was contracted to bake the wedding cake, so I traveled again a week plus after I returned to Abuja. This wedding wasn't just business, it was family too, well sort of... we grew up together. It was fun reuniting with people I hadn't seen for many many years. The re-introductions to the many many aunties was there of course, with mum as usual introducing me as her last born... she never tires of this.

While all of the above happened, Boko Haram or whoever these people are, were doing their own thing. Nigeria has been a mess lately. Secondary school girls abducted from school, bomb blasts, road killings and on and on. It has been crazy and I just can't fathom how evil humans can get. In all of this Nigerians find humor somehow, that's the only way we know how to survive. We've had so much support all over the world and we hear that troops have been sent out to find our girls. We are grateful for all the support and love shown during this period. The unity gives us hope. The job of the rest of us is to pray, pray and pray. We can't stop praying, we can't get tired of praying. If there's anything else you can do, please do! Just yesterday, there were 2 bomb blasts in a market in Jos. These people sure know how to pick their locations. I'm tempted to curse right now but I'll be a Christian and move on, I've already thought it though, so doesn't really count. Anyways...

Oh yeah, Beyonce and co played us some entertainment. Solange beat the crap outta Jay, okay, I'm exaggerating, but you know what I mean. The million dollar question still remains, what did Jay do to warrant that and why did Bey just lay back so? They have released pictures to show that they are one happy family and all. We know na, it is normal for families to fight and all but that doesn't stop us from wanting to know the whole gist. Oh well, I guess we have no choice but to move on cause those people will not give us any better gist.

While all of this was happening, I was missing you and dearly thinking about you, honestly. I just wanted to feel the keyboard again but the negative forces kept forming road blocks all around, don't worry though, I shall overcome!

What else has happened? Did I forget something? Please update me. Hugs and kisses!

1 comment:

Emotions

Some of us have learned how dangerous emotions can be, if you let them control you. Emotions could put you to shame but even more dis...