Tuesday 18 February 2014

Our Super Sense

Picture from www.redorbit.com/

Hey y'all. How have you been? Happy month of love by the way. So sorry, I've been MIA and I wish I could say I've been busy loving up but I'll just stop at, I've been busy! Yeah, I've missed you too mega much. What's been up with you? Give me the full gist in the comment box or if it's super juicy and private, you can send to my mail, ;) .

Okay guys, let's talk about our super senses. I think that we all have one sensory organ that works a lil more than the others. I don't know if this is a proven fact oh, don't go quoting "Hira's theory". It's very plausible though, so if it is, then yeah, I told you so :D. Anyway, so let's talk about that one sense that is hyper. That one sense that hits you with memories; good and bad, so fast that the feelings come rushing high like it was yesterday. Hope I haven't lost you, follow me here.


For illustration purposes, I will exclude the sense of sight for obvious reasons(I believe).

I'll try to explain this using my experience and those of my siblings. I think for most of my siblings, their super sense is the sense of smell. Yeah, the olfactory sense. This could be bad or good and I'm sure we can imagine in some ways how. A perfume fragrance can be detected a mile away, it's taken to the brain to do some one to many matching (database things) and if there's a match, meaning it's familiar, the source/ memory just comes flooding in. Was it a childhood period, a house, a room-I can't forget the scent of my dad's room(first Abuja house), it was the scent of his perfume (I never knew the name). The smell of hostel, bathrooms, people! The entire emotion of that period of your life or how that person made you feel just comes flooding in. It's amazing I tell ya. 

My super sense is the hearing sense; the auditory sense. Yeah, some of us got our father's super ears. I don't think anyone beats him, the man can hear sha! My mum too hears from a serious distance, but only when you aren't talking to her or don't want her to hear you, lol, it's annoyingly funny, trust me. So anyway, sometimes I listen to songs from back then (not too back, I'm young!) and the memories just flood in. I picture my happy happy childhood, I remember parties where those songs were played, I remember my crushes! It's become a joke among my siblings; sometimes I'll hear a song and go "Oh, this song", and they just stare at me and say what's his name or whose tenure was this or something, lol. , other times it could be a break up period too :(.

I've heard of people whose super senses seem to be the the sense of taste and others touch. Some meals just take you back home men, I can relate to this one well. Some others take you to school days when you had to just invent a dish with the availables, visitation at relatives' and many other times. Some people have said some grips/grabs/touches/smooches... drive them down memory lane. It's all different for different souls but the point is how amazing the brain works with these senses to send the exact pictures from past events to the mind. It's like watching a home recording in your head. It's really an amazing feeling.

Your turn, what's your super sense and what memories reoccur most? You know what to do; drop it in the comment box. 



1 comment:

  1. Nice article. My supper sense is my sense of smell.

    ReplyDelete

Emotions

Some of us have learned how dangerous emotions can be, if you let them control you. Emotions could put you to shame but even more dis...