Friday 31 January 2014

What Qualifies as Sin?

picture from http://naijapose.com/

Hey guys, how are you all doing?

You know how we are very fond of choosing what sin is and what isn’t or what is sin enough for us to do and what is too sinful? Yeah, it’s crazy right, but almost all of us are guilty of this. Don’t worry, I shall explain further with illustrations too, follow me.

Make no mistakes, I do not support any form of sin. We are all humans and tend to sin from time to time and the point of this write up is to cut the “terrible sinners” some slack, for if you look deeply, you’d see that you are not very different from them.


The following are societal views on some of the common sins we humans tend to commit:

The Okay Sins

Lies are okay from time to time, especially when it’s with reason; to protect you, to avoid hurting people’s feelings, to avoid trouble generally.
Sex before marriage (note: not fornication, cause that’s too deep a word and makes it clear cut sin) is fine as long as it’s with one person per period; your boyfriend for as long as that relationship lasts.
Cursing the life of someone and the person’s generation is fine as long as you were seriously provoked. (Note: What qualifies as serious provocation varies from person to person)
Talking bad about people behind their backs is cool, it’s called catching up not gossiping.
Murdering an unborn child is sometimes ok, it’s not murder, the baby hasn’t really formed yet so it’s just tissues. (this actually falls in the two categories, it all depends on the person)
Adultery is fine if your partner is also unfaithful to you or treats you badly (this like the above falls under the two categories)

The Terrible Sins

Abortion is a no no! It’s same as murder and anyone who does it is a murderer and deserves to be treated as such.
LGBT-Lesbians, Gays, Bisexuals and Transgender Group should be stoned to death as they are evil and from the pit of hell
Adultery is a big sin that should bring upon generational curses to the offender.
Rapists should be seriously tortured and finally castrated, period.

Let me stop here, I believe you get my drift now right? You see what we do to ourselves? We are so quick to judge others and say to ourselves that we are better, for our sin is less offensive to God. I’m a Christian so I’ll speak from what I know and this is it: that when we confess our sins He is faithful and just to forgive us and cleanse us from all unrighteousness. Now, I’ve talked about this with some of my people and they say there’s a difference between sinning from time to time and living in sin. I think this makes sense but I still feel like, who are we to judge? I feel that whatever sin people commit, if we decide to talk about it, it should be to correct or scold them to make them better or out of pity for the victims but we should not be judging. Don’t look at me like one saint oh, I’m very guilty of this myself, you don’t wanna know, but sometimes in my alone moments, I just think of these things, for some sha the human me can’t just think holy oh-like the rape.

Anyway, like I said earlier about cutting them some slack, all I mean is that no matter what, we should try not to hate our fellow humans. God asked us to love one another. There were no conditions attached. You think He didn’t know evil people will exist? You know what they say “Don’t hate the player, hate the game”? Yeah, we should apply this, hate the sin, the evil spirit, demon or whatever is the excuse for the wrong act but don’t hate the person.  If you like carry your child to stay with a rapist and say na love, you’re so OYO! You know I love you, so please, apply wisdom to your love ehn.

Alright guys, you’re up, tell me what you consider sin and not sin and what you think is over emphasized by society. Let’s talk, let’s share, let’s learn… You know the drill; drop your thoughts in the comment box.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Emotions

Some of us have learned how dangerous emotions can be, if you let them control you. Emotions could put you to shame but even more dis...